May 6, 2011

Another Non-Paper Project

White vintage frame + black chalkboard = awesomeness! I found an affordable frame at Vintage Etc. that I just had to have. You know how that goes, right?  Right. I thought a nice black chalkboard would look lovely against a white frame, and guess what, it does!
I bought a cheap piece of wood at Home Depot and Ralph helped me cut it to the right size. (Let's just say it was good that I measured twice and cut once!) I would have used sandpaper on the wood, but it was already very smooth. I primed it with spray can primer and used spray paint chalkboard paint. I did multiple layers of the chalkboard paint to completely cover it. I don't think it looks half bad for my first time with spray paint. Here is what the detail looks like on the frame:
Isn't it pretty? Well, I really like this chalkboard. I can't wait to put it up in my scrappy room along with my awesome sign that Ayssa gave me! I can't wait for things to start coming together. Until next time...


2 comments:

  1. Very nice. You'll have to teach me how to do that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. Love the frame. It will be a perfect addition to your scrappy room.

    ReplyDelete