May 31, 2011

Big Time Do-ins

This project was so freakin' exhausting much fun! I've never really done much with furniture, but I saw some blogs featuring antiqued furniture and I just had to try. I didn't really want to spend any money on the furniture itself because there was a lot of potential for me to ruin it. BUT, fate was at work. While at a friend's house I was told about some furniture on the sitting on the side of the road. When I went and looked at it I got sooo excited! The end table was solid wood with a glass top. Perfect for antiquing? I think yes. 

Brenna D'Arcey is a GENIUS and had the perfect idea: I could do a "before" and "after" type deal. So, step 1: Take a picture of the piece in it's original state.  ...oops. I screwed up on the first step! I forgot to take a damn picture! So, I found something similar on the net that will have to be the "before."
It is kind of insane how similar this table looks to mine. Anyway, the stain on the table I found wasn't as nice as the stain in the pic above. I decided it needed to be primed, painted heirloom white, and stained again for a beautiful antique look. Because, honestly, I find the "before" table to be hideous. (No offense to anyone who has an end table that looks exactly like that : /)

Now for the big reveal:
Okay, so it basically looks like I painted it white...but in person it looks really cool! Promise! I need to figure out how to photograph furniture properly. You can see the antiquing a little better on this pic of the neato claw foot.
Cool, right? ...right guys?



1 comment: