March 13, 2011

Homemade Embellishments

Today was a day for Adele Sophomore's "Rolling in the Deep." I had it on replay while I was cleaning. I just needed to hear her belt it out for awhile. On another note, in an effort to save money I made some handmade embellishments for my shadow box project. 
Here is the side of the shadow box with the embellishments. I made the flowers, heart with lock, keys, and little hearts. I stole sampled some paint cards from Home Depot and used them here. The cut the heart out of that material and the lock. I used metal brads to secure the lock on the heart. They keys are also made out of that material. The blue key hiding behind the blue and white flower is just a blue paint card. The white key with black riding at the top with ribbon on it is a white paint card that I covered with tissue tape. Then I ran it through the die cutting machine. The little hearts are the scraps from the key. 
Here is the key on the top left. I am going to print a picture of Ralph and I tomorrow after I get some cash. : ) The picture will go on the bottom right of the shadow box. I will post the finish product once complete. Hope everyone had a great weekend!


4 comments:

  1. you're so talented!! I wish I was as crafty as you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea! Nice! I knew the free paint samples would come in handy. I love how stiff they are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice, you are so crafty. You'll have to teach me how one of these days. I have to work on my scrapbook, the one I started when I was dating Gary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You started a scrapbook Mom? I'll have to see it. Cassie, you were a genius with the paint samples!

    ReplyDelete